Why the Old Haberdashery B&B?
- Free Parking in a 16 ft wide garage off the main road
- A warm welcome from your hostess Jane who is happy to help
- Very flexible check in times. Handy if you are attending a wedding/function and need to get ready early
- Check out by 11am (most places in Marlborough state 10 or 10.30 checkout)
- 2 minutes walk from Marlborough High Street
- Kingsize bed and adult single bed available in the room for use as a double room/twin room/family room for 3 people
- Ensuite shower room with large shower cubicle
- Use of second bathroom located across the landing (handy when 3 people are sharing the room)
- Use of private, secluded courtyard garden (winning Commendation award for 2017 and 2018 in Marlborough in Bloom)
- Use of own fridge (contains fresh milk for tea and coffee. Also great for chilling wine, storing treats etc)
- Unlimited tea and coffee facilities in the room including quality biscuits
- Free WiFi with fast fibre optic broadband
- Continental breakfast. Always gets very highly rated by guests. Cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, fresh orange juice, croissants (from oven), toast, butter and jam/marmalade, caffettiere of coffee, pot of tea.
- Very flexible breakfast times to suit guests
ABOUT THE OLD HAB
The Old Haberdashery Bed and Breakfast is an Historical Grade II Listed Georgian Town House full of exposed beams, character, quirkiness and charm with a delightful secluded, private courtyard garden.
It was built circa 1760 when the Hanovarian King George III was on the throne of England. (He’s the King who is more commonly known as ‘Mad King George’.)
The house is situated on the old stagecoach route linking Bristol to London. The property is steeped in history and located just a few minutes’ walk away from everything Marlborough has to offer.
You will receive a very warm welcome from Jane, your host, who has lived in Marlborough for 15 years. Jane is very knowledgeable about the historical market town of Marlborough and its surrounding area. There are plenty of brochures in your room but Jane is also very happy to impart information, offer suggestions for your itinerary, checking out information related to your tourist destination including printing out tickets for Stonehenge when required etc.
There is parking along the roadside outside the house for one hour which is plenty of time to drop your luggage off and see your room and facilities. You will then be shown the 16ft wide garage on Plume of Feathers Lane which is literally half a minutes’ walk away (no roads to cross) from The Old Hab. Once parked, no need to close the garage door (especially if your car is quite long). As long as your car is locked it will be perfectly safe.
The room itself is very spacious with a Kingsize bed and an adult single bed. The room can comfortably accommodate couples using the kingsize bed, or equally, couples/friends wanting twin beds (admittedly this may need the toss of a coin to decide who gets the big bed!). Also, equally comfortably, three people can be accommodated.
The room has an en suite shower room. This is equipped with bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner etc. The room is also supplied with plenty of guest towels. Across the landing there is a second bathroom which guests are welcome to use. This is handy when there are three people sharing the room.
You have the use of your own fridge. This contains fresh milk for tea and coffee but you are very welcome to use it for chilling wine, putting in any treats you may want etc. After a nice cup of tea or coffee in your room, or indeed a glass of wine in the courtyard garden, you are ready to explore Marlborough.
The main High Street in Marlborough is only a two minute walk away. It is the widest high street in England. Originally, in the middle of the High Street, there were permanent market stalls, known as Shambles but during one of the several fires of Marlborough, the Shambles were totally destroyed. In their place now are short stay parking spaces. There is an array of shops, eateries, pubs and restaurants in Marlborough to make your stay memorable. We have a Rick Stein restaurant, several Italian restaurants, Chinese and Indian restaurants and good old fashioned pub grub. No taxis need to get home either. The Old Hab is only a short walk away. The extra advantage of this is in instances when wine may have been flowing during your evening out!