Why the Old Haberdashery B&B?
- Free parking in a 16ft wide garage off the main road.
- A warm welcome from your host Jane who is happy to help.
- A very spacious and quiet room.
- The room is secondary double glazed specifically designed to reduce noise.
- En suite shower room with large shower cubicle.
- Very flexible check in times. Handy if you are attending a wedding/function and need to get ready early.
- Check out by 11am (most places in Marlborough state 10am or 10.30am check out).
- Only a few minutes’ walk to Marlborough’s High Street.
- No need for taxis. Once parked, everything in Marlborough is within easy walking distance.
- King size bed and single bed available in the room for use as a double room/twin room. Maximum number in the room is 2 adults or 2 adults plus a child (under 16 years) accompanying parents.
- Use of private, secluded courtyard garden. (Commendation Award winner for 2017 and 2018 Marlborough in Bloom.)
- Use of own fridge. (Supplied with fresh milk for tea and coffee and chilled water. Great for also chilling wine/beer, storing treats etc.)
- Unlimited tea and coffee facilities in the room including biscuits.
- Free WiFi with fast fibre optic broadband.
- Wall mounted flat screen TV with freeview.
ABOUT THE OLD HAB
In the perfect location, less than 5 minutes’ walk from Marlborough’s vibrant High Street, The Old Haberdashery is a Grade II listed Georgian town house full of exposed beams, character, quirkiness and charm with a delightful secluded, private courtyard garden.
The property was built circa 1760 when the Hanoverian King George III was on the throne in England. (He’s the King who is more commonly known as ‘Mad King George’.)
The property is steeped in history and everything Marlborough has to offer is in easy walkable distance. The Old Hab has a lovely, peaceful atmosphere and is the ideal place to escape. Be prepared to find yourself winding down and relaxing and enjoying your days away in beautiful Wiltshire.
You will receive a very warm welcome from Jane, your host, who has lived in Marlborough for 15 years. Jane will do her utmost to ensure your stay is thoroughly enjoyable. You can rest assured you are in safe hands and anything you need to know we are always happy to help.
Jane has a bountiful knowledge of the historical market town of Marlborough and its’ surrounding area. She is more than happy to answer any of your questions or to suggest the best places to explore to get the most out of your visit.